[ExI] <nettime> Forced Exposure: Groklaw closes down

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Aug 26 19:45:17 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:34:32PM -0700, Stephen Van Sickle wrote:

> And what has the large bandwidth in which your darknet can hide?  Porn, of

There is indeed the Blue Coat problem, where everything unknown is
forbidden. An Internet like that is best called Teletubbynet.
We must make sure the network core will never become like that,
orelse we have to bypass not just the last mile (reasonably easy,
with wireless LoS meshes) but also the backbone.

> course.  I hereby predict that in the near future, open internet traffic
> will asymptotically approach 100% pornography.  All porn, all the time.  It

Video streams are easy to check for entropy, so it better be encrypted.
Orelse even with 4K porn the steganographic payload will be negligible.