[ExI] Digital Jeeves

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:33:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  Highlights from the App Reputation Report are:
> >
> > � Overall, 83% of the most popular apps are associated with security
> > risks and privacy issues.
>
> That means 83% could be doing that.  How many of them actually are?  More
> than none, but less than all.  A far greater cause of there being security
> risks and privacy issues is mere laziness: there are no eyeballs watching a
> particular camera, and there never will be, even if you don't know which
> one that is.
>
> It is safe to plan for the negatives of if they all are, true.  But there
> are a few positives to being watched...and you can't count on them to watch
> you at any given moment either.

I wonder if this 83% number  is counting things like Omniture's products
(now Adobe)... While those do track you and what you do on a web page and
so forth, I really do wonder if it's all the big brother that it's cracked
up to be, or just a way for people to figure out how to optimize the
structure of their web sites.

-Kelly