[ExI] Bitcoin experience

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Dec 12 19:07:55 UTC 2013

Il 12/12/2013 07:53, Rafal Smigrodzki ha scritto:
> So, I finally went ahead and tried to buy a bitcoin (and to think that
> I first read about bitcoins when they were less than 10$ apiece, and
> the blogger was saying "It's either going to get big, or fail
> completely, so buy some and see what happens, at worst you lose a few
> bucks"). I set up an account at coinbase, bought one bitcoin and ...
> four days later received an email saying "We decided to cancel your
> transaction, since it appears to be high-risk. You may try again in a
> few weeks". I used Tor to connect to coinbase.org, but otherwise
> disclosed my regular email account, linked a US bank account, verified
> my identity - so what's wrong? Tor? Did anybody here have a similar
> experience?

I suggest to not use TOR in these cases.

Using TOR in this way is like using the tong armor of Red Sonja.
Useful to sell comics but not really useful in real life.

Coinbase link your bank account to your coinbase account.
So the same safeguard the bank use will be requested by Coinbase.
TOR is to preserve anonymity and bank hate anonymity as much as the
government controlling them.

Mirco