[ExI] Nootropics and Anders

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Dec 26 14:48:24 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-26 14:28, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> Anybody using donepezil? I am thinking about using it again,
> previously it gave me very entertaining dreams, although I did not
> have any subjective feeling of improved cognitive performance. Still,
> with the research reports showing a reduced all-cause mortality in
> treated patients, there may more reasons to take it.

Subjective feelings are treacherous; they don't give good evidence for
cognitive enhancement but they certainly *feel* like they give evidence.
I think one should try to run some tests (in this case, memory tests) to
actually check what works - especially since individual variations of
neurotransmitter levels make efficacies very variable.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute