[ExI] Nootropics and Anders

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Dec 27 12:06:56 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-27 00:50, spike wrote:

> This information on these various medications is good to know.  For me
> nootropics are like that whips and chains business that is so popular
> these days: I don't do it myself, but would watch if someone who knows
> what they are doing takes part in it, take notes, try to help figure
> out what works.

Hehehe... kinky neurochemistry.

"Please, modafinil is *so* vanilla! I like to tie up my cerebrum with
some glycine receptor blocker, and then I do zazen meditation to
repeatedly whack out my reticular nucleus attention system. Take that,
gap junctions!" :-)

Of course, some kinds of coffee are already close to whips and chains -
looks at his very black cup...

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute