[ExI] far future

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 04:58:45 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM, William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am writing a book on the far future based on eugenics.  Then, genetics
> has been nearly perfected and many changes have been made to humans, both
> physical and mental.
>
> I would like to find out  fellow members' ideas on just what changes
> should be made in us if that were possible and discuss them.  And yes, I
> might include them in my book and give you credit.

What kind of story are you looking to write?  Not all science fiction need
dwell on all the details.

Put another way, how central is eugenics to the story, and what form did it
take?  Was it just general improvements handed out to everyone, or were
there specific things selected for?  Was it via retrovirus or other
germline tinkering, or was it the "enforced selective breeding" type that
has had major problems when tried before?  Were there improvements handed
out mainly to babies, rich babies first, with technology struggling to give
the same benefits to those already born?  And so on.