[ExI] 2^57885161-1

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Feb 6 02:23:58 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty

>>... The first prime numbers are 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, and so on.

>...'and so on' as if the first 5 primes describe a series so
self-evident...

Ja that comment gave me a good laugh too Mike.

>...Is there any way to estimate the amount of FLOPS that has been dedicated
to finding primes and express this as a percentage of total FLOPS humanity
has managed to calculate in silicon?  Both are big numbers, but I am too
under-informed to know their relative scale.

Yes there is!  I am working on a reasonable way to estimate that with a
rolling average smoothing technique, which I will post here soon, but not
this evening or maybe not until this weekend.  Lotta action going on.