[ExI] Where are they? was Re: 2^57885161-1

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 13:54:05 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hmm. Not by my reckoning. Intelligence is largely the ability to process information. Therefore there is no benefit to being able to process more information than is available in ones environment. This might be a matter of personal taste, but I would rather be a humble australopithecus roaming the Serengeti than Einstein locked in a sensory deprivation chamber. As many classical philosophers noted, boredom curses even the gods.

> That's not entirely obvious.  Though I put no stock a in the idea of
> this being a simulation, I can't rule it out.

Indeed. Considering how common UFO sightings are relative to purported sightings of their extraterrestrial pilots, one has to wonder if UFOs might be more like mouse pointers controlled by the simulator(s) than any kind of actual spacecraft. Especially in light of relativity theory.

Stuart LaForge

"Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven." - William Shakespeare