[ExI] we aren't the world

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:51:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 4:14 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:
> The real fun starts, IMHO, when you give people a sniff of oxytocin. Then
> people become more generous:
> http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0001128
> There is a lot of research about how oxytocin changes people's altruism,
> generosity and willingness to punish defectors - and in-group favoritism -
> in economic games.

I figured the "leftover" money should go to a worthy charitable
organization.  That way I'm motivated by the the "no deal" option to
help a third party.  Though I guess an aggressively selfless griefer
would be able to put at least 200 in the charity column and possibly
set some precedent affecting the group's attitude.

"Strange game, the only winning move is not to play"