[ExI] instilling ambition

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sun Jan 20 23:48:02 UTC 2013

On 1/20/2013 3:28 PM, Anders Sandberg wrote:
>  if we want policies going our direction we better inject them in the
> right networks. (Yes, this involves an interesting balance between
> being radical and mainstream - you need to be radical enough to be
> interesting to listen to and to stretch the boundary of thinkable
> policy, yet mainstream enough to be listened to).

Yes, and you desperately need to measure for what is too radical, what
works, and what doesn't.  You have to know, concisely and
quantitatively,  what others are interested in, their terminology, and
be able to speak, from within their theoretical / thinking framework.
Just telling them what works for you, or any lonely transhumanist, even
if not very radical, will most likely completely fail for the masses.

Brent Allsop