[ExI] instilling ambition

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 04:57:06 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Brent Allsop
<brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:

 Just telling them what works
> for you, or any lonely transhumanist, even if not very radical, will most
> likely completely fail for the masses

### It came as a surprise to me but recently I learned that the masses
are almost irrelevant to the direction that democratic societies take.
Murray's "Coming Apart", earlier Caplan's "Myth of the Rational
Voter", recently some articles quoted on Econlib, all these convinced
me that the roughly 90% of people who are not members of the broadly
defined elite are just tagging along for the ride.

Whenever you want to change the world, appeal to bobos and their
congeners, forget proles.

Rafal