[ExI] 23andme again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 13:23:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Mirco Romanato wrote:
> The truth will make you free(er).
> As you didn't anything evil or wrong, what's the problem with the true?
>
> Crazy in this way appear good or, at least, interesting. Maybe a bit
> overwhelming at first.

The difficulty is that human society is dependent on lies for survival.
We can't get through the day without lying.

'Does my bum look big in this?'.
'What speed were you going at?'.
'Do you think Sharon is the best person for this job?'.
etc. up to really serious lies about life and death.

This is especially true in families. All families have secrets that
are never mentioned in order to keep the peace. The theory being that
the family must stick together, even when some members are not of
particularly good character.

Broadcasting the truth could cause the breakup of families. Feuds
happen often enough anyway, without added disruption.

BillK