[ExI] good news bad news for germans

Eugenio Martínez rolandodegilead at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 09:35:11 UTC 2013

> Note that the IRS has been caught in all this, and nothing is happening;
> there are no adverse consequences for the power abusers, none.  The
> offending director is on paid leave.  Now a second IRS director has invoked
> the fifth; as punishment he has been given an indefinite paid vacation.  We
> walked right into this.  We have no one to blame but ourselves.

I suppose that you have seen this short comic:
http://nosolosoftware.com/huxley-vs-orwell/

The problem is exactly that: No adverse consequences. I see it in my
country and in every European country: No adverse consequences for the ones
who have created the crisis, no adverse consequences for the partys who
have stolen millions. In fact, sometimes is the opposite: In Spain, the
government, the Popular Party (Aznar´s party) has been proved to erase
millions and millions. And they are voted again and again and again. Not
only no adverse consequences but, even prized for them.

And I think that, at least in Europe,  15M is partially to blame for that:
They are seen as a romantic non-violent movement who were tired of the
abuse of the powerful ones, but they were born, in fact, because Ley Sinde
(The Spanish equivalent to Sopa). They do NOTHING but they say that they do
a lot of things. A lot of people saying that they are the change and the
future, so they are neutralizing all other real responses.

There are videos of policemen hitting and hitting again demonstrators whose
only defence is saying "Ey pal, Say no to violence". So policemen, at least
in Europe, Specially in Spain, they are doing whatever they want, because
they can, because there is not going to be a social reaction apart from
demostrators who are going to scream and who are against any kind of
violence of any kind of illegality. Not even civil disobedence.

Sorry for my english.

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 3:17 AM, spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> >... On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg
> Subject: Re: [ExI] good news bad news for germans
>
> >...And conversely, TeliaSonera International Carrier is a Tier 1 internet
> backbone with headquarters in Stockholm. By law the Swedish Defence Radio
> Authority can warrantlessly wiretap all telephone and Internet traffic that
> crosses Sweden's borders. But don't worry, they only act in the national
> interest... -- Dr Anders Sandberg
>
> It can safely be said that the framers of the US constitution did not
> foresee the internet.  If they put into place restrictions on the federal
> government surveillance of its people, no such restriction forbids them
> from
> trading for the data from the German government, and providing in exchange
> US surveillance of the German people.  In the internet age, there is no
> hiding.  The only thing that surprises me in all this is that we saw it
> coming fifteen years ago and did nothing.  We just walked right into it.
>
> We now have a situation where the citizen cannot hide anything, but the
> governments, all of them, can hide everything.  The IRS gives the fed an
> easy end-run around all our constitutional rights, for it can call any
> citizen in for an audit for no reason, can deal out any punishment, fine or
> sentence without having to provide evidence or justification to any
> oversight commission, and if called upon to defend its actions, even by the
> congress, it may invoke the fifth amendment rights and thus avoid
> testimony.
>
> Orwell wrote about this in 1949, but we walked right into it.  We learned
> not one goddam thing from that man's astute foresights and insights.
>
> Note that the IRS has been caught in all this, and nothing is happening;
> there are no adverse consequences for the power abusers, none.  The
> offending director is on paid leave.  Now a second IRS director has invoked
> the fifth; as punishment he has been given an indefinite paid vacation.  We
> walked right into this.  We have no one to blame but ourselves.
>
> spike

OLVIDATE.DE
Tatachan.com