[ExI] 23andme again

spike spike at rainier66.com
Wed Jul 3 13:48:55 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Mirco Romanato

>...A common guy like me and you would land in jail. End of story...

Ja, that is why the IRS story is having such impact on the US.  Before we
had a bill of rights which protects us to some degree from unlawful search
and seizure.  Now it is clear the IRS can come knocking with no warrant, no
justification, no evidence required, no accountability.  We have freedom of
speech, but it can still get you an IRS audit, which is worse than going
into the criminal court system.

>...You could be innocent like Jesus and you would end on the Cross willing
or not...

Innocent like Jesus?  Like hell!  Did you forget about this ugly little
incident:

14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the
changers of money sitting:

15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of
the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money,
and overthrew the tables;

16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my
Father's house an house of merchandise... {John Chapter 2}

How do they figure this guy was sinless?  Interfering with religious
merchandising in the first degree.  Clearly premeditated, from that scourge
business.  They could have skipped the whole trial, cat-o-nine-tails, crown
of thorns, execution, resurrection etc, sent him directly to the Roman IRS,
no one would have ever heard from him again; resulting in no Christianity,
no crusades, no Easter egg hunt at the White House with the IRS director.
How different history might have turned out.  In modern times you can get in
trouble for interfering with even a phony religion; back then a guy could
commit actual scattering of sacred lucre, then just walk away across the
lake.

>...The problem, in my vision, is the bad guy you are thinking, people
leaving DNA traces around, is not the most brilliant dude. He could be
violent, but he will not be a great threat for a large number of people...
Mirco

Ja.  I am thinking of the whole notion of volunteers working together,
creating databases to catch rapists and child-murderers.  The nature of
those crimes means they nearly always leave traces of DNA.  Even if rare,
the impact those few have had on society is enormous, for it deeply
influences the way children are allowed to move and play.