[ExI] Inmortality and overpopulation

Eugenio Martínez rolandodegilead at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 10:23:29 UTC 2013

(First of all, sorry for my english. I tried to translate it as best as I
could. Anyway, I think it´s perfectly understandable. I have been searching
about this topic, but I didn´t found anything. Is there a way to search
into the chat list historial? I am sorry if you have spoken about that.)

Some days ago, somebody among you - Can´t remember whom exactly - said
that, in a longeve society, a lot of the women who, nowadays, have their
sons before 40 because they don´t want to lose their opportunity,  would
stop having children before that age because they will have a longer
fertile period.

Still, as you may know - and I hope not to be wrong - every month, in
women, a egg cell arises and some of them are discarded. When all the egg
cells are depleted, there are no new ones made, but the menopauses arrives.

I always imagined inmortality like living as young adults indefinitely, but
this is probably very unrealistic.

If inmortality is deployed all around the world - I always imagine it as
something similar to smallpox eradication - , I think that we could have
two different scenarios:

1.Aging is slowed. Maybe in a x20 factor. So we have the body of a 1st year
old for 20 years, of a 2 years old until 40 etc (horrible).
Women would be fertile only every 20 months... It´s ok

2.Aging is stopped in some moment of our lifes. Anyway, without making
major changes in women bodys (apart from inmortality), they will be fertile
until age of 50/60 and then they will not be able to reproduce anymore -
and they are going to live for centuries with the idea of not being mothers
never- and they will lost a lot of interest in sex.

Probably you have the answers and I have to learn a lot about inmortality
before bring up these questions and make you lose your time. I´ll
investigate about it and, If I discover something relevant, I´ll make you
know.