[ExI] 23andme again

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 05:24:22 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:03 PM spike <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:
> After getting my 23AndMe results back, I have made a
> remarkable discovery.  I went down through the list of
> relatives who came up 3rd cousins and contacted them.
> Some have done extensive genealogy, as have I, so I know
> all 32 of my great^3 grandparents.  None of the family
> names match.  Therefore, apparently all my great great
> great grandmothers were promiscuous sluts.

Are you sure of the 23AndMe results themselves?

Also, let's say the results are accurate, is it possible some of them might have been mothers who were widowed who remarried and had more kids? (That said, though, the truth is out of wedlock children and promiscuity are not something invented in recent times. So, I'm not totally surprised.)

Regards,

Dan
 See my SF short story "Residue":
http://www.amazon.com/Residue-ebook/dp/B00BS3T0RM/ -- US