[ExI] [ZS] [cryo] Nick Bostrom, Anders Sandberg, Stuart Armstrong to be frozen after death

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Jun 11 23:47:34 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-11 23:45, BillK wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Keith Henson wrote:
>> As Anders mentioned, the payment is from life insurance and as he
>> says, it's less than the cost of a dinner out a week.
>>
> Correct, but it also involves giving the life insurance payout to a
> cryonics company rather than to his estate for his family.

But is this a general problem? At least in my family I am the least
well-off: none of the others need my inheritance.

Since people live longer inheritance has also become less important for
transfering wealth between generations. Once people inherited their
parents about the time they set out in the world, now you inhereit your
parents in time for retirement.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute