[ExI] A vote of no-confidence

spike spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jun 16 13:00:21 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:03 PM
To: rafal at smigrodzki.org; ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] A vote of no-confidence

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

>.give voice those who want to say "None of the above".

We have that choice now.  We can write in a name of a person on the ballot.

>.  They come up with excuses and reasons if
pressed - which is what most people assume all such excuses and
reasons are.

Ja.  I thought of a good excuse for not voting other than laziness: one does
not want to risk voting for the winner, then after the fact having that
winner turn into a corrupt and inept disaster of a leader, a complete
catastrophe.  I can imagine that feeling being very common after the events
of the last couple months.

Most of us realize the libertarians' day is coming.  When they get in power,
there is a risk they will forget their principles, fail to dismantle all the
government power structures that have grown outside constitutionally legal
bounds.  Always in my mind is the fear that they too will be as inept and
corruptible as the democrats and republicans have become.