[ExI] A vote of no-confidence

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 06:02:51 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> It occurred to me that legitimate alternatives to the existing system
> could harness both perceptions and craft a system of non-voting or
> anti-voting specifically designed to give voice those who want to say
> "None of the above".

Unfortunately, the truth is that the vast, vast majority of those who
don't vote (at least, in the US among those able to vote), are simply
too lazy to do so.  They come up with excuses and reasons if
pressed - which is what most people assume all such excuses and
reasons are.

In other words, there's no way you could prevent the majority of
people from completely ignoring all reasons you claimed to not vote,
and wrongly lump you in with the "too lazy to vote" crowd.

For your words to be paid any attention to, first they must have
some perceived legitimacy.  On this topic, for the most part, only
those who vote have any such perceived legitimacy.