[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Sun Jun 23 17:34:08 UTC 2013

Tomaz Kristan wrote:
> I don't think, Mr. Grimes, a Jurassic Park you are proposing is very
> likely.
>
> I don't think, the concept of the museum under the sky is that good.
> Nobody would want to live there.

My contention is that 96% of the existing human population would prefer
to live the way they are now, with only modest upgrades.

The only way to change that number is to apply force.
The uploaders claim that adoption of uploading will be 100%, any
hold-outs being sacrificed.
Therefore I presume that the uploaders intend to apply force.

That's what happens in chapter 1 of part 2 of my story. The bulk of the
story will be a catalog of the nightmares which follow, in each case
explaining every choice I make as an author using in-line footnotes.

As I have said before, I want to identify the latest, best vision of
uploading in order to ensure that I'm actually tilting at the dragon
instead of the scarecrow that could be claimed to be obsolete. (the
SL4-noids do that... They claim their only published works are obsolete
and not worth arguing over...)

Furthermore, there is something extremely wrong here. Why have all of
the uploaders shut up? Where are all the brave visions? Where is the
discussion of what comes after? I remember there being a great deal more
documentation ten years ago. Where did it all go? Could it be that the
uploaders have started to meet push-back and have gone to ground? Could
it be that the uploaders have finally felt the shame of going to their
parents and telling them the good news that they will be replaced my a
digital version of themselves?

Seriously. we need to Talk about this. This situation of of you telling
me that I'm going to be dead and uploaded is not a dialog.

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.