[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Mon Jun 24 05:35:06 UTC 2013

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> The uploaders claim that adoption of uploading will be 100%, any hold-outs
>> being sacrificed.
>> Therefore I presume that the uploaders intend to apply force.
> ### I expect that solid-state entities will drive biological humans
> extinct. Indeed, it's possible they might use force and simply eat
> (i.e. disassemble) human habitat and humans themselves.
>
> This has hardly anything to do with uploaders, since they would be an
> infinitesimally small minority among post-human entities, if present
> at all.
>
> What are you going to do about it?

1. Muster a pose and go after people who would advocate that outcome or
policies that would inevitably lead to that outcome.

2. Develop a family of technologies that could provide an alternative
path of self evolution, focusing on what my own needs are but respectful
of everyone else. (I don't feel respected at all. Nobody in recent
memory has even asked me what my own ideas are with respect to
self-modification, instead the only thing people have done is to try to
convince me that the way to fulfill all of my desires, whatever they may
be, is uploading my brain. I'm sick of it.)

3. Defend with all available means my right to live in the body I wish
to design for myself forever. =|

For example, if I had a starship and the solar system had been reduced
to a matroshaka brain, and was threatening to expand to the rest of the
'verse, I'd risk taking my ship into the sun itself and use the FTL
drive to implode the star. I would do this to protect the existence of
the rest of the universe.

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.