[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

Andrew Mckee andymck35 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 05:10:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:22:19 +1200, Eugenio Martínez <rolandodegilead at gmail.com> wrote:

> More transhumanist Bashing (in Spanish):
> http://www.finanzas.com/xl-semanal/firmas/juan-manuel-de-prada/20130428/cuerpo-5228.html
>
> Juan Manuel de prada writes in one of the most important magazines in
> Spain. He writes about "the old idea of get rid of our body" (sic) and use
> Kevin Warwick as an example, and about the "new idea of the resurrected
> body because of the Christ".
>
> He is considered an intelectual in my country. Pathetic imho.

That still sounds not as bad as it could be, as they say, sometimes even bad news is better than no news at all.

At the least it can act as a starting point in getting people aware of and talking about a transhumanist viewpoint, in a complete intellectual vacuum on the other hand very little can be talked about at all - like the New Zealand media for instance. :-(