[ExI] Dealing with transhumanism bashing

Andrew Mckee andymck35 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 07:09:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 06:43:34 +1200, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:

> Hi everyone,

> I’m sorry that my initial message became convoluted with responses that are a bit irrational and even disturbing.  So please let’s not do this when I am being serious about a problem that could affect our culture.

> Anyway, I’m proceeding forward with looking into this Alex Jones guy.  On the Transhumanist Art FB page, someone posted this:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded <https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M9YS6hVuxhs#at=128> &v=M9YS6hVuxhs#at=128

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcnTdO47p0Q

Errm, that looks like Alex Jones doing what he does best, spouting every kind of crack pot conspiracy theory he can lay his hands on in an effort to boost readership and/or DVD sales numbers , etc.

I don't think anyone takes anything he says at all seriously, at least not on purpose.

That said, that sculpture does look kind of freaky, many would be hard pressed to come up with something positive to say about it.