[ExI] Rand Paul Filibuster

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 20:11:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Dave Sill  wrote:
> What does "engaged in combat" mean? Nobody is suggesting that the Prez can
> or would dispatch drones to take out people he just really dislikes. But
> some American Al Qaeda wanna-be sitting in the basement of his parent's
> house who's in contact with real terrorists and making real plans to kill
> people with a shoe bomb or underwear bomb or R/C plane bomb? Would that not
> be considered "combat"?

It is political half-truths from the same man that just said that he
would not (and did not) prosecute the big banks if he thought it might
cause damage to the economy.

As one blogger commented:
Quote:
Specifically, Holder did not say “we are legally constrained by the
Constitution from depriving people of life, liberty or property
without due process of law, and from using military force on U.S.
soil”.  Instead, he said that the Obama administration was so far
abstaining from using a power it already has as a current “policy”
decision.
-------

BillK