[ExI] cyprus banks

Andrew Mckee andymck35 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 07:14:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:50:54 +1200, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Which particular Singularity?
>
> Vinge, before 2030, or Kurzweil, before 2045?

Oh I'd just previously watched the Anonymous Singularity video on Youtube which mentioned 2045.

Why does it make a difference?

Since if I'm lucky enough to see 2046 I'd bet my back teeth that a lot of people will be standing around wondering why the Singularity hasn't happened already, and we'd be hearing a lot of standard boiler plate excuses as to why it didn't.

Then of course some new predictercator would make a brand new bold and visionary prediction, rinse - repeat - ad nauseam.