[ExI] cyprus banks

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Mar 19 10:34:17 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 06:46:41PM -0700, Adrian Tymes wrote:

> Notice that this is not happening.  Therefore, it is not in fact more
> cost efficient to be paid in bitcoins in most cases.

The Bitcoin economy is still very small by classical standards,
and sees little trust.

I consider Bitcoin a high-risk high-payoff investment
http://falkvinge.net/2013/03/06/the-target-value-for-bitcoin-is-not-some-50-or-100-it-is-100000-to-1000000/
and a potential hedge against hyperinflating fiats.

> One might debate whether this is due to instabilities in bitcoin
> value, or the inconvenience (and thus loss of value) in exchanging
> between bitcons and fiat currency, when most shops only accept

The interesting things happen when you no longer have
to exchange BTC for EUR or USD.