[ExI] cyprus banks

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 01:46:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:
> If bitcoin is a superior form of currency / money in respect of the fiat
> money we know (for many reasons), the cost differential in using it to
> be paid will make grow the business adopting it faster than the business
> not adopting it.
>
> If my conservative estimate is 1% differential, the business there is
> able to grow 1% faster than the competition any time the inventory is
> cycled. Given if they have competitive prices (they have) they must be
> able to sell as fast as possible.
> This is 1% of grow for every cycle. If the inventory go completely out
> every week, they must be able to grow 1% at week, they can grow 60%
> every year just eating sales from competition.
> And if you are able to generate a 60% annual return more than the
> competition, investors just line up to beg you to take a loan from them.

Notice that this is not happening.  Therefore, it is not in fact more
cost efficient to be paid in bitcoins in most cases.

One might debate whether this is due to instabilities in bitcoin
value, or the inconvenience (and thus loss of value) in exchanging
between bitcons and fiat currency, when most shops only accept
the latter therefore most pay must be thus exchanged to be of
use.  But that is speculation.