[ExI] peak fossil by 2020

Kellycoinguy kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 04:01:19 UTC 2013

I think Eugen has not accounted for the transformative nature of cold fusion that will be unleashed by the inevitable collapse of the political power of big oil once peak oil has passed and the politicians no longer need to subdue the technology to help their greasy friends.

I got this of a Web site that I trust at least as much as the oil drum, so it must be true!

-Kelly

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G TouchJohn Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:On Fri, Mar 29, 2013  Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Malthus failed because he didn't anticipate shift from biofuels to fossil, and Liebig (artificial fertilizer).

Predictions would be easy if you knew what to anticipate. Are you certain you're smarter than Malthus and know what to anticipate, more specifically would you bet your life that you know the one and only solution to our energy problem?

> Genetic engineering is a high-technology item.

Yes.

 > It also can't do a damn thing about thermodynamics.

What the hell? Life has made good use of thermodynamics over the last 3.5 billion years and I don't know why we'd want to do something about it now.

  John K Clark