[ExI] Gold

Alan Grimes ALONZOTG at verizon.net
Wed May 29 03:40:05 UTC 2013

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net> wrote:
>> So what?
>>
>> Because uploading renders everything meaningless, my only available option
>> is to explore space as a regular being. So therefore all questions of
>> economics are moot because the decision is DO IT! regardless of how much it
>> costs. Indeed, the only relevant question is which star to travel to. =P
>>
>> Are you going to try to stop me, punk?

> ### Laws of economics will stop beings like you. You won't have the
> money to pay for the tickets, or to rent, much less buy real estate up
> there. Beings that can move and think a thousand times faster than you
> will settle everywhere, and there won't be any unclaimed matter for
> you to use, outside of legacy jurisdictions left for flesher use.

That does not compute.

Are you really telling me that out of one hundred billion star systems
in the Milky Way galaxy that the UPLOADERS can't begrudge anyone else a
single measly planet even when it is essential to survival?

Why is it that you seem to expect me to do nothing while the future you
describe comes to pass? With talk like that I should not have any
trouble at all recruiting every sentient non-uploader on the planet to
stop you by any means available.

--
NOTICE: NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS, SEE ABOVE

Powers are not rights.