[ExI] Gold

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 29 20:49:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM, Alan Grimes <ALONZOTG at verizon.net> wrote:

> Are you really telling me that out of one hundred billion star systems in
> the Milky Way galaxy that the UPLOADERS can't begrudge anyone else a single
> measly planet even when it is essential to survival?

### I cannot predict the motivations of uploaded human-like
intelligences evolving at 1000 times our speed. If they carve out a
reservation for fleshers, travel there would be still on their
sufferance which is probably not the boldly-going adventure you may
have in mind.

-------------------

> Why is it that you seem to expect me to do nothing while the future you
> describe comes to pass? With talk like that I should not have any trouble at
> all recruiting every sentient non-uploader on the planet to stop you by any
> means available.

### Coordination is difficult. I doubt that fleshers will be able to
stave off the coming transition. It would take unprecedented levels of
long-term planet-wide cooperation to keep the AI genie in the bottle,
not just today but for all eternity. AI or uploads, one way or another
the human era will draw to a close, if not this time round, then in
100 or in 1000 years.

Rafal