[ExI] The Republican Party Isn't Really the Anti-Science Party

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Nov 13 03:50:07 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:07 PM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] The Republican Party Isn't Really the Anti-Science Party

>.The science of global warming (as opposed to the politics of global
warming) has hit a snag in the last month.

Kelly did you mean this?

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

I have been following hurricanes for years now after being told they would
get more frequent and more violent.  This year has been eerie quiet in the
Atlantic.  Do let us hope that doesn't point to global cooling.  Warming
would be OK, cooling, not.

>.Does that do anything to dampen anyone's position about it? Well, not
really. It is only one study.

Kelly didn't you get the memo?  The science is settled on that.

>. But if it is true, others will eventually back it up, and we can throw
out one of the biggest impediments to mutual understanding there is today.
-Kelly

My fondest hope is that we focus attention where it belongs: how to deal
with increasing cost of energy before that becomes a bigger catastrophe than
that monster typhoon that hit the Philippines.