[ExI] Dark Matter

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 06:58:29 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Pipelines are better, though if you are talking about oil shale
>>

> We're not.  We're talking about much more liquid things.

Ok, good.

> The only gas station shown on Google maps in the 152 miles between Delta,
>> Utah and Ely, Nevada is three miles off the road in Baker, NV.
>>  <http://goo.gl/maps/jAC56>
>>

> With the right tilt and separation of pipes, that's no problem.  The pipes
> only have to handle half the distance from one gas station to the next; the
> other half is handled by pipes going to the next gas station.  Therefore,
> one gas station in the middle of a 152 mile stretch, where there's also a
> station at either end of that stretch, only needs pipes that can handle
> 152/4 = 38 miles.  Granted, 4 sets of these pipes would be needed.

As you can see here: http://bit.ly/1bFsOCh
we've built a lot of pipelines already. None are all that close to the area
of interest, but we could build another if the environmentalists don't jack
it all up.

>> I don't think either sells enough gasoline to justify local pumping.
>>

> If not, it's at least a  more convenient depot for the trucks to carry
> things to and from, greatly reducing equipment costs - which in turn
> justifies the local pumping.

You could justify pumping it all the way to Salt Lake or Los Angeles or
just to the nearest existing pipeline. IF there were enough fuel produced,
of course.

The better use of Nevada is to use Yucca Mountain for what Cthulhu intended
it for, the storage of nuclear waste.

-Kelly