[ExI] Dark Matter

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 05:52:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Pipelines are better, though if you are talking about oil shale

We're not.  We're talking about much more liquid things.

> The only gas station shown on Google maps in the 152 miles between Delta,
> Utah and Ely, Nevada is three miles off the road in Baker, NV.
> <http://goo.gl/maps/jAC56>

With the right tilt and separation of pipes, that's no problem.  The pipes
only have to handle half the distance from one gas station to the next; the
other half is handled by pipes going to the next gas station.  Therefore,
one gas station in the middle of a 152 mile stretch, where there's also a
station at either end of that stretch, only needs pipes that can handle
152/4 = 38 miles.  Granted, 4 sets of these pipes would be needed.

> I don't think either sells enough gasoline to justify local pumping.

If not, it's at least a  more convenient depot for the trucks to carry
things to and from, greatly reducing equipment costs - which in turn
justifies the local pumping.