[ExI] Dark Matter

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Nov 14 23:30:30 UTC 2013

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson
>.

>.Seriously, you can't do it with seawater because it is too corrosive.
Anything you built would not last long enough to be worth the cost.

Ja I was afraid of that.

but I haven't worked out the economic model or the cooling model for that
matter.  It might not be practical to carry off the waste heat with
evaporation.  spike

>.Sorry, what needs to be cooled here? I'm lost.  -Kelly

There is waste heat in the conversion process of any carbon source to liquid
fuels.  Carrying away all that waste heat is a big challenge out there along
SR50 in Nevada because of limited access to sufficient quantities of fresh
water, which can be used for evaporative cooling.  Sea water is unsuitable
for evaporative cooling.  I don't know how to exhaust the waste heat without
a plentiful fresh water source.