[ExI] i miss intrade

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Nov 24 07:20:06 UTC 2013

--
>...Stathis Papaioannou

Stathis, privacy is under vicious attack in the USA.  Bitcoin offers both
privacy and a possible means of a currency which is difficult to tax.  The
government will surely see it as a threat.  The current US government has
been caught spying on news reporters, leaking confidential taxpayer
information, suppressing the Tea Party, using the IRS to go after political
enemies, power grabs un an unprecedented scale.  From the first time I heard
it, I thought BTC would attract IRS attention, and it is a government agency
completely free of accountability for its power.  We have two directors who
have been caught in wrongdoing.  One pled the fifth and walked away, with no
repercussions.  The other is still on the job, or rather has been
transferred to the branch of the IRS charged with enforcing the individual
mandate of the healthcare reform.

How could any American not see what his happening?  Apparently they never
read or understood Hayek's Road to Serfdom.

I think it is dangerous for Americans to own bitcoins.  There is no law
against it specifically, but there is no effective law against the IRS
destroying you without evidence either.