[ExI] i miss intrade

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Sun Nov 24 11:57:17 UTC 2013

Il 24/11/2013 08:20, spike ha scritto:

> How could any American not see what his happening?  Apparently they never
> read or understood Hayek's Road to Serfdom.
>
> I think it is dangerous for Americans to own bitcoins.  There is no law
> against it specifically, but there is no effective law against the IRS
> destroying you without evidence either.

This is because you need bitcoin, because they will destroy you if you
have them or if you have them not. And it will easier to destroy you if
you have them not, because you will have only worthless pieces of paper.

If you have paper notes, they can seize them and confiscate (Civil
forfeiture) without a due process of law because maybe you could do
something illegal with so much cash.

If you have all your money in bank, they can seize it there; it is also
easier. Just send a mail to the treasurer of the bank telling him "The
account of X is seized, if you do not comply you go in jail".

If just own stuff they can confiscate it or tax it, as they please.

So, in the end, if they are starved of money or just hate you they will
obliterate you or, at least try to do so. And if it is unlawful, they
will plead the fifth or claim sovereign immunity or something like it.

Mirco