[ExI] How can people be so blind about Bitcoin and the future?

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Nov 28 15:32:13 UTC 2013

Il 23/11/2013 16:18, spike ha scritto:

>>http://www.technollama.co.uk/we-need-decentralized-cryptocurrencies-we-just-dont-need-bitcoin
>>>……"The problem is that if the price of a bitcoin is on a steady upward
>>> trajectory, then nobody’s actually going to want to /spend/ a Bitcoin on
>>> anything. And if everyone’s hoarding their Bitcoins, then the network is
>>> actually useless. Then, since it turns out to be useless, you get a crash.”

Envy of the pen... price

They lost the train at 1$, they lost the train at 10$ and they lost the
train at 100$, now they fear to have lost the train and find excuses to
not jump in at 1.000.

Current projections say ~3000$ top (+- 1000), then some 50% correction.
We will see

> Haaahahahahahaaaa…  {8^D

> Brent the real problem I see with btcoin and the other crypto-currencies
> is that eventually the government will notice and figure out who is
> using them, and noting the IRS isn’t getting its cut of the action.
> Governments don’t like that.  Ours is wielding power without
> accountability (Where is Lois Lerner these days?  Where is Sarah Hall
> Ingram?  Neither are in jail.  Ingram is running the IRS branch in
> charge of “encouraging” healthy young people into buying overpriced
> insurance.)

> For our non-libertarian friends among us, how hard is it to see?

Censure resistance is a big problem for the government.
Then developers are building anonymization tools on top of the protocol
and I bet the large majority of the users will want use them, from the
big established vendor hating the idea the competition is able to
analyze their cash flow to the little guy fearing police interference.

Like with BitTorrent, they could try to curb the use, but the majority
of people will just ignore the regulations because they will not be able
to enforce them. People do not stop driving or smoking pot because they
feat a car crash or an inroad with the police.

Mirco