[ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 16:15:25 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> We need to be 90% done by 2050. This means that nuclear energy
> sources will be not a noticeable part

Today France delivers over 75% of its electricity from nuclear energy, but
even with ridiculous subsidies wind power couldn't do better than 3% in
2012. So I ask you, which technology is more likely to play a noticeable
part in the production of energy in 2050, wind or nuclear?

> Alternative fuelcycle research programs (these which have not been shut
> down due to problems) are alive and well all over the world.

Over the last several decades the worldwide research budget for Liquid
Fluoride Thorium Reactors wouldn't be enough to cover the operational costs
of a average sized McDonald's restaurant, and the reason for that is people
like you would organize protest marches against any politician who even
whispered the N word in his sleep.

  John K Clark