[ExI] id theft in o-care

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Oct 10 12:59:22 UTC 2013

... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] id theft in o-care

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 7:46 PM, spike  wrote:
>> ...  They ask for my legal
> name, first, middle and last, as would be shown on a legal document.
> So if I just want to shop around and not buy anything yet but just for
> planning purposes I go in with SNN 111 11 1111 under the name Barf
> McBuns to avoid identity theft, is that identity theft?
>

>....Well, it is a government system, so they already know most of the data
they are asking you for.
They claim to have reasons for requiring the data.
It is a health insurance quote, so they need to access your medical records.
They need to know your immigration status. i.e. Are you an official US
citizen?
It is benefit assisted, so they need to check your IRS records. And so on...

Ja, there is that, but what I really want is to do some what-ifs for
planning purposes.  If I enter an anticipated future annual salary which is
much lower than now, I want to know what kind of medical insurance this
wonderful new system will provide for me.  I am asking not what I can do for
my country but what my country can do for me.

>...However, I think the most important thing not mentioned is that when you
give them all this information, make sure that you don't use your home pc.
You certainly don't want to link your normal IP address to all this data.
The NSA can then link everything on the internet sent from that IP address
to your real life details...BillK

There are a number of different people who use this computer and this IP
address.  This is intentional, and still as far as I know the best tool for
being anonymous.  There is no law against giving others your computer login
credentials.  I can imagine in the future the government may want to change
this somehow.  I have been careful to not include anyone on that list who
might do identity theft however.