[ExI] eput this crazy system out of our misery: was RE: Euthanasia

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Oct 14 19:03:32 UTC 2013

 On Behalf Of Eugenio Martínez
Subject: Re: [ExI] eput this crazy system out of our misery: was RE:
Euthanasia

Opinion from Europe:  Universal healthcare system works

Ja, thanks Eugenio.  Some have been led to believe ObamaCare is universal
healthcare or is a step towards it.  As far as I can tell, it is neither.
It is a tax-incentive to enter the health insurance market, with a bunch of
rules which effectively defeat the value that health insurance companies
add.  The smoking is a good example.  Before, if you wanted health
insurance, the cigarettes had to go.  This was a huge incentive to give up
that habit.  Now that’s gone.

Anyway, yes, you pay the smokers treatment

OK then, I want a lot more control over the lives of smokers, a looooot
more.  Not just for tobacco use either, I have a list of things I want
changed in the lives of those who get government-mandated health insurance.
They will not like my list.  Hey, I am paying, so I get a say in the matter.
Otherwise I will just pay the tax for not having insurance and be done with
it.

Alternately, we could keep that individual mandate and even the subsidies,
but allow health insurance companies to do what they do so very well: take
into account all the known factors, then estimate your health cost risks and
charge what it costs, rather than trying to overcharge some to subsidize
others.