[ExI] Who wants to live forever? Maybe you can...

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 02:39:19 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure it's correct to say that Kriorus has nothing like Alcor's
> Patient Care Trust Fund. They couldn't, with prices that low. That means
> they have no money dedicated to keeping you cryopreserved. I believe they
> are entirely dependent on sufficient new business to keep them in operation
> and their patients in storage. If they keep growing fast enough, perhaps
> that could work. If not, it will not be sustainable.

I assumed that there had to be hidden costs.

> Kelly, I presume you know that you can use life insurance to pay for
> cryopreservation? You can get a neurocryopreservation with Alcor for $80K
> (which includes standby, stabilization, and transport). If you already have
> or can get a policy for something like that amount ($100K may be the
> minimum), you're covered.

I am aware of the life insurance approach. I have extremely significant
cash flow issues at the moment. Paying for dinner comes before paying for
cryopreservation... :-)

That being said, even if I had the money, I have not entirely bought into
cryopreservation for myself, even though I totally support others having
the option and I believe it is a reasonable thing to do and real science.
It's not that I don't believe future technology may be able to retrieve
cryonauts, I'm just not entirely convinced that enough of the
microstructures are preserved with current approaches. In addition, I'm not
entirely sure I want to experience the future in a big jump. It's scary
enough getting there one day at a time... LOL.

I reserve the right to change my mind once I have enough money to avoid the
Obamacare penalty for not having health insurance.

-Kelly