[ExI] Who wants to live forever? Maybe you can...

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 17:11:49 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> In case you have some spare time, I recommend you organize a group
> of volunteers in your area, and complete a transport technician
> training as well as build up some first responder capability.

I've got quite enough non-money producing activities at the moment. I have
to get back to where I can be effective at philanthropy first. ;-)

> > That being said, even if I had the money, I have not entirely bought into
> > cryopreservation for myself, even though I totally support others having
> > the option and I believe it is a reasonable thing to do and real science.
> > It's not that I don't believe future technology may be able to retrieve
> > cryonauts, I'm just not entirely convinced that enough of the
> > microstructures are preserved with current approaches. In addition, I'm
> not
>
> The hardest validation we have is viability, and there has been some
> quite promising work on hippocampal slices.

I do try to pay attention, and I have great hope that we can get there. I'm
just not sure we're there yet.

> > entirely sure I want to experience the future in a big jump. It's scary
>
> No jump, expect to be sandboxed from reality for a while, until
> you're ready.

That's actually a really comforting thought. I appreciate that idea very
much Eugen.

-Kelly