[ExI] Who wants to live forever? Maybe you can...

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Oct 21 05:29:14 UTC 2013

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 12:49:10PM -0400, Mike Dougherty wrote:

> > I'm not yet signed up, either. I hope to sign up with our
> > own organisation, which is probably a decade away.
> >

> Given your prediction about energy and end of civilization, who are you

I can see how the Limits to Growth report people are really annoyed.
They did not predict. They mapped generic trajectory space based on
varied input, and discovered there are regions in that space that
are not good to go, and gave suggestions how to avoid getting
there. Nobody bothered (business as usual), so now we're on the
outskirts of one of that region.

> expecting will be around to maintain the cryopreserved state or eventually

In case of irreversible deep collapse there won't be the technology
necessary for resuscitation.

For transient disruptions you need to plan for onsite energy generation
and cryogenics. Me and others have written enough about that elsewhere.