[ExI] This is one amazing robot!

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Oct 22 09:28:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 09:12:36AM +0100, BillK wrote:

> Remember there are many people here that are older than you.
> If it gives you a bad feeling, think how it feels to them.

It is touching that the kids think a few decades are going
to make a difference. You'd better be already using that
anti-aging therapy *right now* in order to profit from it.
Oops. There is no validated anti-aging therapy yet.

Ok, so scrap that. What changes in lifestyle have you personally
*already implemented*? Remember, no last-second conversions on the
deathbed allowed.

> On the other hand, they can console themselves with the thought that
> perhaps the future is going to be so terrible that an early departure
> might be preferable. Perhaps we now live in the best of times, before
> the chickens come home to roost.

Depends on your metric. Some things peaked, some are yet to peak.