[ExI] This is one amazing robot!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 08:12:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:03 PM, John Grigg rote:
> Yes!!!  But I just wish that our lifespans were naturally twice as long as
> they currently are, so we would have much more of a fighting chance to
> benefit from the radical life extension technologies, which may end up
> coming down the pike too late to help us.  I want to witness many more cool
> things!  I have a bad feeling that just as technology and society are
> getting really super-awesome, I will be dying of old age...  : (

John! Just think it - Don't say it out loud. :)

Remember there are many people here that are older than you.
If it gives you a bad feeling, think how it feels to them.

On the other hand, they can console themselves with the thought that
perhaps the future is going to be so terrible that an early departure
might be preferable. Perhaps we now live in the best of times, before
the chickens come home to roost.

BillK