[ExI] A Gedanken Rational Eugenics Experiment (AGREE)

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon Oct 28 22:43:12 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-27 20:26, spike wrote:

> *>...**On Behalf Of *Anders Sandberg
>
> **
>
> >...Well, as a drug user with decent IQ (http://news.sky.com/story/1147488/smart-drug-modafinil-risks-student-health  ) I don't feel much desire to be sterilized. But then again, my likelihood of getting an offspring is pretty microscopic...  Dr Anders Sandberg
>
> So very tragic is this, Anders.  Any time you wish to remedy this
> unacceptable situation, I propose we get the stunning Kari Byron as an
> egg donor and you as the Y chromosome provider, under which conditions
> my bride would cheerfully volunteer to supply the drug-free smoke-free
> alcohol-free womb, as well as a loving nurturing home for at least two
> decades if not more, along with a kind-hearted older brother, and
> permanent visitation rights extended to you and of course Ms. Byron.

:-)

Yes, Mythbusters is great - because it shows people creating and testing
things. We need more of that. This is why I can't stand most
documentaries: they usually show people having opinions or describing
scenarios, rather than checking against reality. And of course,
everything is more fun with a bit of explosions.

In a sense Mythbusters is doing memetic eugenics, spreading good memes
widely in the memepool.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute