[ExI] How to build a happier brain

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Oct 29 09:34:56 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-28 23:30, Mark Walker wrote:
> Anders, I think you are one of the "happy giants" I discuss in my book:

Quite likely. I get used as a standard example in the ethics discussions
around here.

I wonder how a civilization that had mastered happiness would be like?
It would still not be the utopia of David Pearce (there would still be
pain), but it would be a place where there was far more energy and
pleasure. Whether kindness comes naturally from happiness is another
matter - a rather chilly idea might be a state where we are all very
happy, yet do not care much about others.

"And I feel fantastic
And I never felt as good as how I do right now
Except for maybe when I think of how I felt that day
When I felt the way that I do right now, right now, right now."

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute