[ExI] How Electricity Became a Luxury Good

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Sep 11 07:16:42 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:17:15PM +0200, Mirco Romanato wrote:
> Il 10/09/2013 16:14, spike ha scritto:
>
> > There is a good possibility we will not start on it until it is too late.
>
> Too late for who?
> It rarely is too late for everyone.

Empty words, as usual. In a highly connected complex
system prone to cascading failure there's no containment
of local degradation. For the moment, our near-term
future is determined by the decline function of total
net energy. Ecosystem carrying capacity decline is
the next determinant. Long-term, war.