[ExI] Longevity Day Appeal - October 1

Ilia Stambler ilia.stambler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 16:48:24 UTC 2013

*Dear friends,*

*Just a few days remain until the first International Longevity Day –
October 1*

http://www.longevityday.org/

to be celebrated by longevity researchers and advocates from around the
world,

during the UN International Day of Older Persons
http://www.un.org/en/events/olderpersonsday/

On that day, we have an excellent opportunity to link in the public mind
the issue of AGING with the issue of ANTI-AGING and PRO-LONGEVITY research
that is probably the only means to truly address and ameliorate the problem
of aging.

People in more than 20 countries are organizing events on that day!

*There is still time to organize more events in support of longevity and
longevity research on that day*: Invite a few friends to meet and discuss
recent advances in the field; write and publish a dedicated article or post
(preferably in your national language); contact local media and politicians
to try to raise their interest in the subject.

There is still time before October 1 and there will be time to do so after
that day, but we need to act. We can celebrate the Longevity Day – all year
round!

An additional way of promotion is: *S**upport our petition to celebrate the
International Longevity Day during the International Day of Older Persons.*

This can be done in several ways:

1) Sign the online petition and spread it among your friends and on social
media.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Celebrating_International_Longevity_Day_during_the_International_Day_of_Older_Persons/

The petition is also featured on the newly established Longevity
Intelligence Communications (LIC) site dedicated to promoting petitions
related to longevity https://lonintelcomms.tumblr.com

2)     Participate in the physical signing and mailing of the petition (to
be sent to International Organizations, Governmental Offices, Associations
of the Elderly, Scientific Societies, etc.) As a first option, the petition
will be sent to the UN (the authors of the “International Day of Older
Persons”). If you are interested in doing so, please contact the address
below for details.

3)      Attached please find a template of a flyer containing a short
version of the petition. You can modify it as you see fit: change the text,
affiliation, country, logo, slogan, links, etc. – as long as the spirit of
support for Longevity and Longevity Research is maintained. Or print it out
as it is and distribute it among friends, at your school, health club, etc.
Engage people in the topic. Or upload it and spread it online.

Please consider spreading this message.

With some minimal effort we can create a series of highly influential and
positive events, promoting the advancement of Healthy Longevity for All
through Support of Scientific Research directed toward that goal!

I also use this opportunity to draw your attention to an additional project
that takes place at this time: *The crowd-funding effort to support
life-span extension experiments in mice*. The support of this and other
studies aimed to find effective means for healthy life extension will bring
us closer to our goal.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am-a-little-mouse-and-i-want-to-live-longer

For details, please contact:

Ilia Stambler