[ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

Andrew Mckee andymck35 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 02:16:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 08:38:12 +1200, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Indeed.  Black Knight Syndrome isn't restricted to ExI, although we have
> more than our share of it.  As always, all I ask is that those of you who
> are capable of making math models, even single digit BOTECs, do it.

And dare I ask what the math hating people on this list should be doing?

Biting our tongues?, because although we can appreciate sound reasoning,
good ideas and the odd convincing argument, if we cannot 'do the math' we
have no right to hold or express an opinion?

Not that I disparage those with the skills to make good use of all those
wonderful mathematical formulas out there, I just wonder if you're getting
a little one sided here, in what is after all a transhumanist mailing
list, not an engineering working group crunching the numbers a get a woman
on mars. :-)